In my humble opinion, these are the most awesome songs to run and workout to! In no particular order...
1. Foot loose - Kenny Loggins
I can’t help but quicken my steps when this one comes one. It’s feel good, fun… I also have this urge to waggle my fingers in a weird way and sing (loudly, badly and the wrong lyrics) while I am running along… sometimes people look at me like I’m a bit strange…
2. Club can’t handle me - flo rider (especially the bit at about 45 seconds)
Makes me want to skip and run on my tippie-toes no matter how tired I am.
3. Jai Ho - A R Rahman (as much as i love the original, this one’s better to run to)
Such a fun song, to run, dance or sing to!
4. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
Of course… the classic. Who doesn’t like running to this one?!
5. Don’t stop believing – Journey
Another classic. Awesome.
6. Holding out for a hero – Bonnie Tyler
Video clip is a little odd... but it's a great, feel-good song to run to!
7. Lose yourself – Eminem
Awesome for a warm up! How can these lyrics not get you pumped for a work out? “Look. If you had. One shot. One opportunity. To seize everything you ever wanted. One moment. Would you capture it? Or let it slip?”
8. Roar - Katy Perry
"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire, 'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar" Yeahhhh RROOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRRR!!
9. Scatman - Scatman John
Try running fast enough to keep up with the Scatman!!
10. Sexy and I know it – LMFAO
Doesn’t make me feel particularly sexy, but imagining the guy doing the stuff he’s singing about does make me giggle!